The Heart and Helping Hand of The Salvation Army
This course is designed for anyone working within Community Ministries—whether you’re experienced or new to your role, paid or a volunteer—including community workers, budget advisers, food bank workers, seniors ministries, drop-in helpers, welfare workers, advocates, administrators … and more.
Content will include:
- Models of practice working in a strengths based way to empower your clients
- Self-awareness knowing how your own culture and background informs your practice
- Safe Practice ethics, boundaries and effective supervision
- Communication effective listening and communicating skills
- Practical skills record keeping, privacy, and working with SAMIS
- The mission your role within the beliefs and mission of The Salvation Army
You can download a course brochure and a registration form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Divisional Community Ministries Secretary for more information.